Last Updated: February 5, 2019
This privacy statement describes how Mind Spark Press LLC (“we”, “us”) collects and uses the Personal Information you willingly provide on our Web site: www.MandarinCompanion.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your Personal Information and how you can access and update this information. Personal Information is information about you, that is not otherwise available to the public, that you willingly provide to us in order to use or pay for our services.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should first contact us at feedback [at] mandarincompanion [dot] com.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- When ordering, we need to know your full name, email address, shipping address, phone number, and billing address, in order to process and fulfill your order.
- When you sign up for services like email newsletters, we only need an email address to send you the request information.
- We may also use the information we collect to notify you about important functionality changes to our services, new services, and special offers we think you’ll find valuable. If you would rather not receive this information, you can opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails.
- As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, browser settings, navigation through our site(s), referring/exit pages, and operating system. This information does not include Personal Information. We may use third party tools and analytical services to gather and analyze this information.
How do we protect your personal information?
When we collect Personal Information directly from you, we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution, which receives the credit card number and other personal identifying information purely to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions.
What are cookies and why are they useful?
Will we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We will share your Personal Information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties.
We may provide your Personal Information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as credit/debit card processing, shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your Personal Information as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
How do we allow you to update or change your personal information?
Upon request, we will (a) correct personal information that you notify us is erroneous, or (b) permit you to ‘opt out’ of further e-mail contact while still allowing access to the site. To request a correction or cancellation, or to ‘opt out’ of further e-mail contact, please contact us by email at feedback [at] mandarincompanion.com.
Information Regarding Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the personal information we have on you
- The right of rectification
- The right to object
- The right of restriction
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).